( last up-date: September 28th, 2015 - by Dr. Zsolt TÖRÖK)
Danube Delta National Institute for Research and Development is located in Tulcea, the town at the entrance to the Danube Delta .
- 1926: establishment of Tulcea Hydrobiology Station, entity wich became in 1970 part of the institute;
( the station belonged to the PARID Administration established by Dr. Grigore Antipa)
- 1970: year of establishment as "Research and Design Institute for the Danube Delta"
(according to Decision No. 528 / 1970 of the Council of Ministries of the Socialist Republic of Romania)
- 1999: year when the institute was designated as National Institute
(according to Governmental Decision No. 409 / 1999)
- 2010 according to the Govermmental Decision No 506/2010 the Danube Delta Institute for Research and Development (DDNIRD) and "Grigore Antipa" National Institute for Marine Research and Development - Constanţa were subunits with juridical personality of the Research and Development National Institute for Environmental Protection.
- 2015: the institute have returned to the previous status: Danube Delta Institute for Research and Development (DDNIRD) ;
(according to Governmental Decision No. 253 / 2015)
The management team has the following structure:
General Director: Dr. biol. Marian TUDOR (Scientific Researcher II)
Scientific Director : Dr. biol. Liliana TÖRÖK (Scientific Researcher II)
Economic Director: Ana BULETE (economist)